Do you watch TV? What’s your favorite television show at the moment?
Big Bang Theory?
Dancing With the Stars?
Watching television can be a great way to relax, learn a new subject or be entertained. But, I’ll let you in on a little organizing secret:
Watching television can be a great way to get organized.
You’re probably thinking, “What? I can organize my house while watching TV? Hook me up!”
Well, I’m about to…
As I’ve discussed in past posts, in order to reach an organizing goal, one must have a plan in place and mini-goals set to eventually reach that goal. Some of these mini-goals or projects can be accomplished while watching television. Sitting down. In your bunny slippers. With a glass of wine in your hand–if you’d like.
Before you plop down on the couch in your pajamas with or without a glass of liquid inspiration, bring an organizing project with you. Here are ten organizing projects/mini-goals you can easily tackle while watching television, getting you one step closer to the organizing finish line:
1. Empty your wallet and go through receipts, business cards, cash, etc.
2. Put your sock drawer (T-shirts/underwear/you get the idea) on your lap and sort/purge/organize
3. Put your kitchen junk drawer on the floor/coffee table to sort through, purge and reorganize
4. Sort through, delete or update apps on your smart phone
5. Organize recipes into categories and place in plastic sleeves in a binder
6. Sort/Purge a stack of papers from your file cabinet/dining room table/pile on the floor
7. Group photos by event, person or chronologically and put into albums
8. Sort through old magazines
9. Sort/Purge expired coupons
10. Fold laundry and put away during commercials